My name is Parsia Hakimian. I am a Security Engineer at the Game and Product Security Engineering group at Electronic Arts based out of Vancouver in Canada.
Previously, I was a Senior Security Consultant at Synopsys Software Integrity Group based out of the Washington DC area in the United States.
What is this website?
This website is my security research and notes. It doubles as my cheat sheet and knowledge base along with parsiya.io. I look up pages or send links to this website at least a few times every day. It's part of my brand. You don't wanna be the other guy from Wham!
What does "don't be the other guy from Wham!" mean?
Wham! was a popular UK music duo. Most people remember one of its members, George Michael. No one remembers the other guy, Andrew Ridgeley. Write a blog, don't be afraid to promote yourself. It's worth it.
What do you do?
I hack videogames at Electronic Arts. The bulk of my professional work falls under one-off projects with unique challenges.
I have tested enterprise blockchains, online multiplayer games, stock exchange platforms, mobile device management suites, network appliances, embedded and IoT devices on top of a long list of thickclient/mobile/web applications we all use on a daily basis.
Goals in progress:
- Using Go in security tooling. I have replaced Python with Go in my workflow.
- In-memory fuzzing via binary instrumentation (aka traversing arbitrary assembly blobs over and over and over).
Done and dusted:
- Enterprise blockchain and Hyperledger Fabric security:
- DEF CON 26 video is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKYIde5jh_8
- My post on Synopsys' corporate blog: Tineola: Taking a Bite out of Enterprise Blockchain
- Tineola: https://github.com/tineola/tineola
- Random musings as I learned: https://parsiya.net/categories/blockchain/